Please follow the link below for our latest update on Coronavirus:Coronavirus Update
Or click on the ‘Parents’ heading and the ‘Coronavirus Update’ tab for the latest news from our school
Devon Public Health Nursing Service (School Nursing) in Primary Schools
We would like to take the opportunity to you introduce you to the School Nursing team now that your child has started school.
Your School Nurse team works within schools and the wider community to:
- Provide health advice to help children and young people make the best of their education
- Provide advice and support to parent/carers and schools
- Support young people to look after their own health
- Direct children and their families to the right services.
- Undertake review of growth as part of National Child Measurement programme
This is provided via:
- A referral system so parents, carers, young people and professionals can request
support from the School Nurse team/service
- Confidential clinic appointments
- Phone advice and support (contact details below)
- Awareness training to teaching staff re asthma, epilepsy and anaphylaxis
As a parent you can talk to the School Nurse about:
When we work with families, confidentiality and information sharing will be discussed with you. If there is a concern that someone may be suffering, or is at risk of significant harm information is shared following safeguarding procedures.
YOUR SCHOOL NURSE TEAM can be contacted on:
Tel: 03332 341 904
Find us online at: www.devonintegratedchildrensservices/public-health-nursing