Devon Public Health Nursing Service (School Nursing) in Primary Schools
We would like to take the opportunity to you introduce you to the School Nursing team now that your child has started school.
Your School Nurse team works within schools and the wider community to:
- Provide health advice to help children and young people make the best of their education
- Provide advice and support to parent/carers and schools
- Support young people to look after their own health
- Direct children and their families to the right services.
- Undertake review of growth as part of National Child Measurement programme
This is provided via:
- A referral system so parents, carers, young people and professionals can request
support from the School Nurse team/service
- Confidential clinic appointments
- Phone advice and support (contact details below)
- Awareness training to teaching staff re asthma, epilepsy and anaphylaxis
As a parent you can talk to the School Nurse about:
When we work with families, confidentiality and information sharing will be discussed with you. If there is a concern that someone may be suffering, or is at risk of significant harm information is shared following safeguarding procedures.
YOUR SCHOOL NURSE TEAM can be contacted at:
Crown Yealm House, Pathfields industrial estate, South Molton 01769 575 189
If you would like advice from a School Nurse, or would like to make a referral for your child to the School Nursing Team - please contact the number above.
Find us online at: www.devonintegratedchildrensservices/public-health-nursing